How To Activate Google Analytics Site Tracking
Google Analytics site tracking is not enabled by default on any site - it must be activated first.
To activate Google Analytics site tracking, please follow these steps:
- select the site you want to enable tracking for
- click on the "Analytics" tab
- enable tracking
- enter your Google Analytics tracking ID
- choose the analytics type (Classic or Universal)
(read about Universal Analytics here)
- you can exclude certain users (optional)
Note: Google Analytics Tracking ID must be properly entered. To find your ID, log into your Google Analytics here > Admin > Property (select the site you want to get ID for) > Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
Copy your Tracking Code and enter it into Tracking ID field and configure other options as you like. For example:
For more information on iControlWP Google Analytics tracking, read the blog article here.